The Journey Begins

Gambar
The Journey Begins January 19 th , 2019             This is my second flight experience and my destination is the Philippines. I waited for too long for this day, I'm very excited to create a new journey with my new friends. I and Nova as the representatives from Pakuan University to SEA Teacher program, our major is Biology Education Study Program and we are classmate.          My family accompany me until Soekarno Hatta International Airport, Cengkareng, Jakarta, we were arrived in the Airport at 4 pm by the car. Our flight time at 8 pm in Terminal 3.             I and Nova also met our new friends, there are Nizza and Evan from UPI, Ninda and Septy from UHAMKA, so we will go to the Philippines together. I am so happy to met them, because they are very friendly, always makes me laugh , and this is our first long trip together and it is fun. January 20 th ,2019           We arrived in Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila, at 1 pm, and th

SUMMARY AND SUGGESTIONS


SUMMARY AND SUGGESTIONS

1.1      Purposes of practicum
The purpose of this practicum are :
·         Give me a chance to teaching practice in the other country, especially in the Philippines
·         To be able of teaching in English languange
·         Improves my language skills
·         Learn the new culture and new language like Tagalog and Ilocano
·         Promote Indonesia to others country
·         Learn about how to survive in the other country, how to collaborate with the others and how to manage the time

1.2      Procedures of practicum
In the first week, we have to oberseved the student teacher and school. We have to get into all the classroom in MMSU-LHS but just stayed in the back and observed the student teachers. We should write important things include the teaching learning process and the information from the school. After that, my TTI and my buddy introduce the lesson plan, and then we sharing our curriculum and lesson plan in Indonesia.
In the second week, we are being a teacher assistant, like help the teacher to managed class, guide the games for the students, write the score on the blackboard and so on. After that, we started to make a lesson plan, I had a chance to teach in grade 8-Charles and grade 10-Gallen. We need to adapted between the lesson plan in Indonesia and the Philippines. My buddy always helped me to finished the lesson plan. After that, I consulted my lesson plan to my TTI and she gave me some suggestions and I revised it.
In the third week, this is my first teaching practice in the Philippines and I am ready for it. Although, I know that the students in MMSU-LHS is very smart and active, but I try to give my best for my students. I am grateful, because the students really appreciated me in the classroom. In this week also, I am busy to make the lesson plan and instructional material again. But, I must enjoy it because this is a precious experiences in my life.
In the fourth week,I will be evaluated by my TTI in my teaching practice. After the teaching practice, my TTI gave me an evaluation form and we discuss it together. I am so grateful and satisfy with the score from my TTI.

1.3      Outcomes of practicum
After the teaching practice that I have done, I am grateful to be a teacher and believe that I can be the marvelous future teacher. Because I can increase my knowledge and improve my teaching practice in Biology and use English. I will share my precious experiences for my friends in Indonesia.

1.4      The challenges of practicum
The first was about lesson plan, because we should learn the lesson first. The curriculum and lesson plan in Indonesia and the Philippines are different. However, I had best TTI and buddies or student teacher that helped me to finish my lesson plan. The last was about prepared the instructional materials and classroom management, I should know all of my students characters, so it can make me easy to managed them in the class. And also helped the students if their have any problem indicated the topic.

1.5      Overall impression
Thanks to Allah SWT, because I am very grateful and I can joined this program. I have many precious experiences in the Philippines. Thank you SEAMEO for make this program. Thank you my coordinator in Indonesia and in the Philippines, my friends, my TTI and my beloved buddies for always accompanying and helping me there. Honestly, I cannot move on from this program, it is very hard when I should go back to Indonesia and leave a sweet memories in the Philippines.

1.6      Suggestions for future improvement

For the school :
The school must have more school facilities like advance laboratories, so that the students can enrich their knowledge or learnings and widen their ideas

For the next student teacher   :
You have to be able speak English well and prepare yourself. I suggest that before you go to the other country, you should learn or know about the culture in there, you can search in the internet to get more information. You must take care of yourself too in the other country.

For SEAMEO  :
Please keep continue this program, because we can improve our skills language in English, have a precious journey and new friends with another country, learn about the new culture and others language. Thank you so much, this is my unforgettable experiences ever.



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

SEA TEACHER BATCH 7 BLOG REPORT

INDONESIAN PERFORMANCE

The Journey Begins