The Journey Begins

Gambar
The Journey Begins January 19 th , 2019             This is my second flight experience and my destination is the Philippines. I waited for too long for this day, I'm very excited to create a new journey with my new friends. I and Nova as the representatives from Pakuan University to SEA Teacher program, our major is Biology Education Study Program and we are classmate.          My family accompany me until Soekarno Hatta International Airport, Cengkareng, Jakarta, we were arrived in the Airport at 4 pm by the car. Our flight time at 8 pm in Terminal 3.             I and Nova also met our new friends, there are Nizza and Evan from UPI, Ninda and Septy from UHAMKA, so we will go to the Philippines together. I am so happy to met them, because they are very friendly, always makes me laugh , and this is our first long trip together and it is fun. January 20 th ,2019           We arrived in Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila, at 1 pm, and th

TEACHING PRACTICE


TEACHING PRACTICE

1.1      Procedures of teaching
Ma’am Quitola (my TTI) gave me the topic for the next meeting. Before doing a practice teaching, I was consult to my buddies and my TTI to finished my lesson plan. Then, the TTI gave me some suggetions about my lesson plan and I revised that. Next, I prepared the instructional material indicated for my topic. Before teaching practice, I submitted the final lesson plan and evaluation form from SEAMEO to my TTI. Procedures of teaching in my teaching practice are :
·  Preliminary activity, here I greeted the students, check classroom environment, the president of the class lead the pray, and check attendant list of the students.
·  The teacher review the previous lessons, I recalled the topic and talked about food chain and food web
·  Presentation, I showed the video about food pyramid and they took their note
·  Discuss about the new topic (food pyramid)
·  Asking or answer the question
·  Group activity, make their own 3D food pyramid
·  Post Discussion, the students were asked to sum up the lesson that had been learned
·  Evaluation, crossword
·  Assignment was given as homework for the students

1.2      Time management and organizing activities
This is my first teaching practice in MMSU-LHS grade 8-Charles and the topic is about food pyramid, in grade 7,8 and 9 the teacher should finish the teaching practice in one hour.

Activity
Time
Preliminary activity (greetings, check classroom environment, pray, check attendant list)
5 minutes
Review previous lesson about food chain and food web
5 minutes
Presentation (watching a video)
5 minutes
Discussion
20 minutes
Group Activity (make a 3D food pyramid)
10 minutes
Post Discussion
5 minutes
Evaluation
10 minutes


1.3      Problem Solving
Everyclass has a different characteristics, I was teach in grade 8-Charles and grade 10-Gallen. In grade 8-Charles, the first teaching practice in here, I showed the video about food pyramid but the audio of my laptop did not work, so I tried to explain the video to the students. Some of the students in grade 8-Charles are passive. I know they are smart but probably they are shy to gave their opinion indicated the topic. So, I motivated them and make them enjoyed in the teaching learning process. In grade 10-Gallen, they are very active, I should gave my attention to everyone in the class.
By asking the student’s question and answer the student’s question, sometime I divided the students into a group who is understand all material and who doesn’t understand the material and I should be fair to them to explain again the material until they are understand and the topic is clear.

1.4      Classroom management
In MMSU-LHS, in grade 7,8, and 9 we only have time to teach one subject is for 1 hour. In grade 10 one subject is for 1.30 hours, grade 11 and 12 one subject is for 2 hours. Clasroom and time management is very important in here. Because we have to explain all of the material which depend on the time and the students should reach the learning objectives that we have made in the lesson plan. We should have a skills for managing a class and time, because majority the students in grade 7-12 are active and smart.
In the beginning of the lesson I always checked classroom environment. I told the students to arrange the chairs and pick up the pieces of papers on their sides. After that, the president of the class lead the pray. Next, I checked student’s attendance. And then, review the previous topic and discuss about the new topic.  I always appreciated the students who always answer the questions. After that, I gave them the group activity, I helped the students when they found any problem in the discussion. Next, I gave an evaluation, this to measure student’s knowledge about the topic. And then I gave an assignment for the students and they must submit to me on the next meeting.

1.5      Others
I appreciated that the teacher and the student teachers always on time coming to the classroom. The student teachers prepared for the teaching practice very well and always gave me an inspiration. I am so lucky also, because I have a buddy named Charie Jane P. Quebral, she always help me to finished my lesson plan and prepared everythings that I need for the teaching practice and I did it well.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

SEA TEACHER BATCH 7 BLOG REPORT

INDONESIAN PERFORMANCE

The Journey Begins